Establish a Fund to Support
Crawford County Charities
Creating the fund of your choice is easy when working with the Community Foundation for Crawford County. We provide you with a vehicle that allows you to leave a legacy that will reflect your beliefs and values for future generations.
Why Establish a Fund with The Community Foundation for Crawford County?
Community: The CF4CC is located right in the community where you most likely grew up, lived and prospered, or returned for retirement. The Foundation supports those organizations in which you participated and gave meaning to your life.
Professional Investors: The CF4CC works with numerous professional investment advisors to insure that your money will grow and be protected over the years. The Foundation can maximize returns with minimal cost.
Flexibility: The various fund types and options available to a donor ensure that your gift will fulfill your charitable wishes.
Security: A volunteer committee, made up of experienced community members, oversees the investments to add an extra level of security in the management of our funds.
Tax benefits: The planners that work with the CF4CC will insure that all applicable tax benefits to the donor have been explored.
Doing good forever: Your gifts to the CF4CC are truly the “gifts that keep on giving."
- Donors will meet with a Foundation representatives to sign a contract of understanding that specifies the fund type being established, fund name, and initial contribution amount.
- Minimum contributions are dependant on the type of fund being started. The Foundation is flexible however and will gladly work with a donor, family, or organization to establish and manage the fund until it reaches the minimum requirements.
- An annual administrative fee is charged for the management of the fund. The fee structure will vary from 1.0% to 1.5%, depending on type of the fund being established.
- The Board of Trustees of the Foundation has the responsibility of overseeing the investments of the fund. It is the goal of the Board to achieve a balance of fixed income with equities to provide a steady source of income that will keep pace with inflation over the years.
- The organization is informed upon receipt of the annual check of precisely which fund has contributed. The CF4CC routinely publicizes all grant-making awards, including the name of the funds distributing money. Named funds are also mentioned regularly in our annual newsletters, financial reports, and other promotional materials.