We had a wonderfully successful Match Day this year! A grand total of $47,272.20 was donated by the community for endowment funds held at the Community Foundation for Crawford County. The CF4CC (fka BACF) has been hosting Match Day fund raising events since 2009. This is the first time in the history of the Foundation Match Days that the monetary goal was exceeded. The Foundation had challenged its organizations to raise funds towards their endowments and agreed to match up to $20,000. The citizens of Crawford County accepted that challenge and well exceeded the goal set by the CF4CC.
Since there was such overwhelming support of Match Day, the Board of Trustees voted to increase the amount of matching funds to $23,636.10. This means that for every dollar donated, the CF4CC is matching $0.50! Click here to see a list of qualifying organizations and the amount of money raised.
As an extra incentive, donors who gave us their e-mail address along with their donation were entered into a drawing for one of five wonderful awards. The generous donors and the prize they won is listed as follows:
- David Wise of Wise Funeral Service - Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Dr. John Shuler of Horizon Animal Hospital, Inc. - Nike FitBit
- John & Phyllis Cole of Bucyrus - $100 Gift Card - U Be Dazzled
- Pat Reed of Bucyrus- $100 Gift Card - Crossroads Original Designs
- Peg Wells of Bucyrus - $100 Gift Card - Amish Vault
Congratulations to these individuals and a big thank you to all who donated to all of these organizations!